TSA in the IAH Crew Room

Help Support Pilot Forum:

Bob

EWR based... got stopped at the sliding door last week because I entered the code I had written down in my "little red book" and my flight attendant was with me and we were going through together. He asked us both to come back and that the FA would have to use her badge (no SIDA, EWR based) or enter the code herself.

The FA didn't know the code... so I opened my "little red book" and gave her the code right there in front of him... he said that was OK. He then let me piggy back on her since I had entered the code previously... WTFO?? I base traded to IAH for May... If it's going to be like this constantly... then... boy... I can't wait! :roll:

Bob

PS: Where does a newly based IAH FO go to get a SIDA badge?

UBBAPilot

Bob said:
Where does a newly based IAH FO go to get a SIDA badge?
The City badging office which is in Terminal A of IAH. All you have to do is watch a video and take a 10 question multiple choice test.

The people there must have received their training from the DMV, however. So plan on spending a few hours there. It took me a little over 2 hours in line to get mine in February. And there were all of 6 people ahead of me in line.

lonestarwings

There's is a badging office in Terminal A, one floor down from the gates I believe. It is a pain in the ass; worse than the DMV. Then you have to watch a video with assorted chelsea workers, bus drivers, etc etc, who all try to cheat off you for answers on super-tough exam at the end of the video.

Plus you get to ride the wicked-bad mr. toad's wild ride train in the basement of IAH to get terminal A.

UBBAPilot

lonestarwings said:
Plus you get to ride the wicked-bad mr. toad's wild ride train in the basement of IAH to get terminal A.
Or you could cheat and take the bus right outside the crew room over to the Delta gates in Terminal A. I'll do anything not to get stuck on the underground train. 1time getting stuck and having to sit for a half hour in the over grown hamster tank is enough for me.

UBBAPilot

I'm glad that they sent someone to our crew room to harass us. I'm sure that they just took the person off of the employee line X-Ray machine. On more than one occasion I have seen those individuals talking to the person next to them and running the belt allowing several bags through without once looking at the screen. Not that I really care whether or not they look at what I've got in my bag, but it just proves what a farce it is.

Although, it would explain why my special orders at Burger King never did come out "My Way," they never look at the screens there, either.

mszluka

On a similar note, effective immediately only one person can be in the EWR Crew Room elevator at one time. Going down in groups is considered piggy backing.

Bob

mszluka said:
On a similar note, effective immediately only one person can be in the EWR Crew Room elevator at one time. Going down in groups is considered piggy backing.
Yeah, that's true... the rule was also put in place because when the elevator breaks down with the one crew member in it, it is easier for scheduling to replace that one person rather than re-crew the whole flight. :)

Capt Cranky

Just kick 'em out.

TSA was kicked out of the EWR crew room for snoozing in the crew lounge - Thousands Sleeping . . .

P

pilot2979

That's all they are. "Thousands Standing Around".
That stupid sliding door stays open for ever before it closes, and what are we supposed to do, wait there like an idiot, to make sure that no one comes in?
Whatever, if they are so worried about it they should put some of those idiots down there checking each persons ID's.

useless

It's all about equilibrium and the balance of the universe. Now that we don't need a secret code for DCA we all need the secret code for the IAH crew room and then the security of the nation remains perfectly balanced. Now does it make sense.

Latest posts